Paralegal: Amy McGuire [email protected]
Originally from northern Minnesota, Troy attended law school and practiced in Tennessee before joining Rajkowski Hansmeier in 2003. Troy was ranked best oral advocate in his law school class and served as chief justice of his school's moot court board.
Much of Troy's practice involves counseling large and small businesses in litigation and non-litigation scenarios, such as wage and hour disputes, sexual and racial discrimination claims, and EEOC/MDHR charges. Troy also defends large insurance companies and their insureds in various litigation. He has successfully tried several cases to juries and judges throughout Minnesota.
Troy became a partner at Rajkowski Hansmeier Ltd. in 2008. He is an active member of the Minnesota and Wisconsin Bar Associations and is a past President of the Minnesota Defense Lawyers Association. He is also a member of ABOTA, a national organization with select members dedicated to preserving the jury system and promoting civility among trial lawyers. Troy has presented on several topics related to trial tactics and techniques.
Troy has been perennially voted a Minnesota Super Lawyers ® and is active in his local community. Troy is an avid reader and outdoorsman. He and his wife, Nicole, have three children.
Areas Of Practice
- Insurance Defense
- Insurance Law
- General Litigation
- Employment Disputes
- University of Memphis School of Law, Memphis, Tennessee
Honors and Awards
- "Minnesota Super Lawyers Rising Stars," - 2005, 2006, 2008-2013 Minnesota Law and Politics
- "Super Lawyers"- Minnesota Law and Politics
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Minnesota State Bar Association (MSBA)
- Minnesota Defense Lawyers Association (MDLA), President 2016
- Wisconsin State Bar Association (WisBar)
- Bemidji State University Alumni Board, 2013-2016
- Minnesota Defense Lawyers' Association; Board of Directors, 2009 to 2012
- Minnesota Defense Lawyers, Association Chair of Membership and Technology Committee