Legal Assistant: Sterling Blonigen [email protected]
Eric was born and raised in Central Minnesota. Eric's primary areas of practice are general litigation, workers compensation, insurance defense, personal injury litigation, and motor vehicle law. Eric's goal is to achieve successful results for his clients in a cost-effective and time-efficient manner.
Eric graduated from St. John's University Magna Cum Laude before receiving his J.D. from the University of Missouri. Eric was recently named a 2020 Minnesota Rising Star, an award limited to 2.5 percent of lawyers in the state. Eric was also named a Minnesota Rising Star in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019.
Eric has worked with insurance companies, self-insureds, third-party administrators, contractors, agricultural cooperatives, large businesses, small business owners, and individuals, among others. Eric has argued in front of the Minnesota Court of Appeals and the U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota.
Eric has represented clients in/at the Minnesota District Courts, the Minnesota Court of Appeals, the Office of Administrative Hearings (workers compensation and OSHA matters), the Minnesota Department of Labor and Industry, the American Arbitration Association, the U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit.
Eric is a devoted sports fan to the Minnesota Vikings and Twins, and he also enjoys supporting his alma maters, St. John's University (Collegeville) and the University of Missouri. However, spending time with his wife and children is his favorite past time.
Areas Of Practice
- Workers Compensation
- Commercial Law
- Insurance Defense
- Municipal Law
- Personal Injury Litigation
- Motor Vehicle Law
- Criminal Law
- General Litigation
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit
- University of Missouri School of Law
- St. John's University
Honors and Awards
- Associate Member, Missouri Environmental Law & Policy Review
- Lead Articles Editor, Missouri Environmental Law & Policy Review
- "Rising Star" Minnesota Law & Politics
Professional Associations and Memberships
- 7th District Ethics Committee
- Minnesota Defense Lawyers Association (MDLA)
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- Legislative Liaison Subcommittee DRI Young Lawyers
- Minnesota State Bar Association (MSBA)