Job Title: Associate Attorney
FLSA Status: Exempt
Under attorney supervision, Rajkowski Hansmeier is a regional litigation firm that provides services to clients throughout Minnesota, Wisconsin, North Dakota and South Dakota. The firm has served as a trusted counsel to businesses and individuals resolving legal issues and providing sound advice for our clients’ unique legal needs.
THE FOLLOWING DUTIES ARE NORMAL FOR THIS POSITION. THESE ARE NOT TO BE CONSTRUED AS EXCLUSIVE OR ALL-INCLUSIVE. OTHER DUTIES MAY BE REQUIRED AND ASSIGNED.
Essential Job Duties:
- Searches for and studies legal documents to investigate facts and law of cases to determine causes of action and to prepare cases.
- Prepares affidavits of documents.
- Researches and analyzes law sources to prepare drafts of briefs or arguments for review, approval and use by attorney.
- Interviews clients, witnesses and other parties.
- Performs miscellaneous office and clerical duties.
- Enrollment in a post-secondary field of study related to the practice of law.
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to utilize knowledge of rules and procedures of law.
- Able to utilize computer software in completion of job duties.
- Able to apply constructive interpersonal working relationships with attorneys and staff.
- Able to quickly grasp new concepts and use good analytical ability.
- Able to utilize knowledge of principles of legal research.
- Able to maintain a Minnesota drivers’ license.
Must be able to read, write, give, follow and comprehend verbal and written instructions.
Must have effective oral and written communication skills to communicate productively with staff and visitors.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described on the attached Physical Demand Analysis are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
I have carefully read, understand, and accept the job description, including the qualifications, requirements, and physical demands, with or without reasonable accommodation, of the position of Law Clerk at Rajkowski Hansmeier Ltd. I certify that I can and will perform the essential functions of the position. Management reserves the right to change job responsibilities, duties and hours as needs prevail. This document is for management communication only and does not indicate a written or implied contract of employment.